Saturday, May 23, 2009

How to understand the posts in English

I am truly sorry, but I want to completely immerse myself in the language so I will be posting in the blog in arabic. But if you want to contact me I will write back in english through email. My email is saydalii@hotmail.com

Here are instructions to understand the blog posts in english

1. go to the blog page
2. open up a new explorer window
3. in that new window, go to google.com
4. click on language tools, it should be to the right of the search box
5. beneath the translate text box, change it to Arabic>>English
6. Go to the other window with the blog postings, copy the arabic text in one of the postings and paste into the translate text box and then press translate.

Note. The Google translation does not give a great translation from arabic to english, but you should be able to understand roughly whats going on. A tip to get a better translation on a post is to copy a smaller portion of the arabic text from the blog and translate that. Usually the less it has to translate, the better english translation.

Example.
على اي حال, يجب ان اذهب الى السفارة, لكني سوف اكتب اكثر عندما انتهيت
translates to this using google translator
"In any case, you must go to the embassy, but I will write more when I finished"

This is actually a pretty good translation from google. Obviously I am trying to say

" Anyways, I need to go to the embassy, but I will write more when I am done."

I will be trying to write a lot about the experiences in cairo.

I also have a windows live messenger so if you have one you can find me by my email and you can talk free.

I hope everyone is doing great.

With love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment